SPECIAL INSPECTION SERVICES
Hirani Engineering has more than 20 years of experience providing Special Inspection services.
Approvals and inspections have become more complicated as the City of New York implements new procedures for renovation and new construction projects. Hirani provides comprehensive special inspection services from initial approvals, progress inspections during construction and third party reviews through final sign-offs.
As an agency registered by the NYC Department of Buildings, the services conducted by our Special Inspection team include permitting, expediting and performance of special inspections for buildings, structures and related installations. Our special inspections are thorough, technically correct and in accordance with all applicable codes, regulations and industry standards. We maintain detailed and accurate records of all of our special inspections.
Hirani is registered with the NYC Department of Buildings to conduct a broad array of inspections including:
- Flood Zone Compliance
- Smoke Control Systems
- Luminous Egress Path Markings
- Mechanical Systems
- Emergency and Standby Power Systems
- Fuel Oil Storage and Fuel Oil Piping Systems
- Structural Steel – Welding
- High Pressure Steam Piping (Welding)
- Structural Steel – High Strength Bolting
- Fuel-Gas Piping (Welding)
- Structural Cold-Formed Steel
- Structural Stability – Existing Buildings
- Wood – Installation of High Load Diaphragms
- Mechanical Demolition
- Wood – Installation of Metal Plate Connected Trusses
- Excavation- Sheeting, shoring, and bracing
- Wood – Installation of Prefabricated I-Joists
- Subgrade Insp/Soils – Site Prep
- Individual On-Site Private Sewage Disp Install (Septic)
- Sprinkler Systems
- Deep Foundations/Piles
- Standpipe Systems
- Vertical Masonry Foundation Elements/Piers
- Heating Systems
- Wall Panels, Curtain Walls and Veneers
- Insulation and Finish Systems
- Fire Resistant Penetrations and Joints (Firestop)
- Aluminum Welding
- Sprayed Fire Resistant Materials (Exterior)
We provide the following monitoring services in accordance with the NYC Building Code including compliance with Technical Policy and Procedure Notice # 10/88 for historical buildings: Condition Survey: Hirani will perform a survey of the site including the adjacent structures in order to document baseline conditions prior to construction. We carefully photograph and survey the structures making it easy to compare the baseline conditions with conditions during or after construction.
Monitoring Plan: In accordance with NYC Building Code 3309.16, Hirani will provide an Engineer to develop a site and structure specific monitoring plan consisting of the scope and frequency of monitoring; acceptable tolerances and reporting criteria; and a drawing noting the location of all crack and vibration monitors.
Optical Monitoring: Hirani provides New York State licensed union surveyors to install optical monitors on buildings adjacent to the construction to monitor vertical and lateral displacement. A field report documenting displacement will be submitted for each visit.
Vibration Monitoring: Hirani provides seismographs to monitor vibrations around the clock at the job site. A text or e-mail is automatically sent to the contractor when the pre-determined threshold is exceeded. In addition, waveform recordings of the vibrations can also be provided. Weekly reports including the highest vibration reading reached for each day are prepared; however, reports can be tailored to your need.
Crack Monitoring: The pre-construction condition survey establishes which visible cracks are to be monitored. Hirani inspectors read the crack gauges that have been affixed to the cracks, and report movement readings in millimeters along with a photographic documentation report for each gauge.