NYC Department of Design and Construction selected Hirani to provide construction inspection services for the reconstruction of sidewalks at various locations in Manhattan.
This construction project provided for the replacement of sidewalks that had violations, for which property owners have received prior notice. Specific construction activities include concrete removal, sub-grade excavation and compaction, maintenance and protection of traffic, concrete placement, cost estimates, minor utility coordination, agency coordination, and community relations.
Hirani inspection staff supervised the contractor’s daily work operations in accordance with NYCDOT standard specifications and drawings, including conducting tests, performing quantity take-offs for payment purposes, preparing construction reports, and interfacing with the community.
Construction locations included:
• West 13th Street between 6th & 7th Avenues
• Sidewalk in front of PS 208, West 11th Street between Lenox & 5th Avenues
• East 105th Street between 5th & Madison Avenues
• 5th Avenue between E. 105th & E. 104th Streets
• Sidewalk in front of the Museum of the City of New York, 5th Avenue between E. 103rd & E. 105th Streets.
• Community Relations
• Sidewalk & Curb
• Testing & Inspection