Hirani’s Land Surveying/Geospatial Division has nine (9) field crews plus ten (10) office technical support staff comprised of highly qualified personnel who are all supervised & managed by licensed land surveyors. Our field-crews are all members of the International Union of Operating Engineers & Land Surveyors, IUOE 15-D, (AFL-CIO). Our in-house office technical staff consists of Survey Technicians, CADD drafters, 3D Modelers performing surveying calculations for field crews and preparing drawings models and reports. We have two (2) ASPRS Licensed Photogrammetrists and four (4) licensed land surveyors on staff overseeing the work product.
Hirani has been successful in delivering a diversified array of land surveying projects including – Topographic Surveys, Geodetic Control Surveys, Global Positioning Surveys, Planimetric/Utility Surveys, ROW Surveys, Settlement Surveys, Final As-Built Surveys, Property Line Surveys & Construction Layout Surveys. Included in these types of Land Surveys are various forms of the following: Digital Terrain Models, Horizontal & Vertical Control Reports, Abstract Request Maps, Acquisition Maps, Engineering Base Mapping, and Three-Dimensional Monitoring Reports. Hirani has expanded our Survey Division to include Geospatial technologies of LiDAR (terrestrial/mobile), Photogrammetry and Hydrographic to deliver many different mapping products. Terrestrial or mobile LiDAR captures light reflected off of surfaces to create point clouds. This data is captured by instruments on tripods, moving vehicles and aircraft platforms. Photogrammetry utilizes digital cameras and other sensors to create digital images from which surface features can be extracted with the same accuracy as traditional surveying but with the added benefit of safety for field personnel. For coastal waterways, lakes and rivers, Hirani can employ bathymetric instruments to produce maps of the surface under the water.
Hirani’s expertise developed by the geospatial team of experts allows for the integration of technologies employing best practice techniques to provide accurate 3D mapping solutions.
Hirani Engineering and Land Surveying, P.C., based in Hicksville, New York, was formed in 1991 by Jitendra(Jim) Hirani, professional engineer (P.E., PE) to provide civil engineering services and structural engineering services, land surveying services, and construction inspection services. Today the firm’s market sectors include transportation (highway, bridge, and railroad and rail infrastructure); building and facility projects, including schools and colleges, medical care, housing, waste water treatment, commercial and site development; and municipal engineering. Hirani continues to strengthen its presence in the New York Metropolitan area. Hirani has been successful in building an excellent reputation of professional service and experience with all of our clients. We place great emphasis on client communication, quality management and control, meeting project deadlines (on schedule), meeting project budgets (on budget) and innovative problem solving (finding creative solutions to solve all problems). The firm is a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), as well as a New York City certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE).
Hirani’s state of the art Land Surveying services division, led by Joseph Pike, professional land surveyor (PLS), consists of four survey field crews. Our survey crews all have data collectors with TDS software so calculations and adjustments can be made in the field and then downloaded directly to our office staff for immediate quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) where the raw data is quickly and accurately disseminated to our computer aided drawing (CAD) department for the preparation of accurate survey drawings.
Our general survey / surveying services capabilities include:
- Control Survey
- Photogrammetric Control Survey
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Boundary Survey
- Topographic Survey
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Survey Layout/Survey Stakeout
- Design Survey/Mapping
- Right Of Way (Right-of-way, ROW) Survey/Right Of Way (Right-Of-Way, ROW) Mapping
- Utility Mapping
- Drainage System Mapping
- Wetland Mapping
- Abstract Request Maps
- Field Editing Of Aerial Mapping
- Acquisition Mapping
Hirani offers a variety of office capabilities: Hirani has nine (9) computer stations loaded with the latest Computer Aided design and Reductions software for all Surveying Field and Design needs, including:
- Carlson survey – Design and Mapping
- Leica LevelPac- Reductions of Digital Leveling
- Autocad w/ SurvCad- Design and Mapping
- Microstation w/ InRoads- Design and Mapping
- Magellan GNSS 3.0- Reductions of GPS Static Surveys
- CORPSCON 6- Conversion of Datums
- Microsoft Office software Products
- Color printers and black and white printers/color plotters and black and white plotters
- Autodesk Design Review software
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Two thirty-six-inch (2- 36”) Scanners/Copiers
- Autodesk Civil 3D software
Hirani offers a variety of global positioning system (GPS)capabilities: Hirani is equipped to conduct real time kinematic (real-time kinematic) RTK, Fast-static and Static global positioning system (GPS) Surveys to New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT, NYS DOT) and Federal Geodetic Control Committee (FGCC) specifications for Topographic survey, Primary project control and Secondary Project control with an experienced office and field staff utilizing:
- Ashtech 2 Max real time kinematic (RTK) receiver with a Ranger Data Collector equipped with TDS Survey software
- 3- Magellan 12 channel Dual Frequency ZMAX.net Receivers with internal antenna
- 3- Thales Pro Mark 2 single frequency GPS receivers with external antenna
- Magellan GNSS 3.10 software for fast reductions of all raw data utilizing the latest U.S. Coast Guard almanac information and NGS Continually Operating Reference Station data maintaining the accuracy of every Survey Conducted with the highest level of quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC).
- Best-fit’s Columbus 3D Reductions Software for accurate adjustments of networks that can simultaneously adjust GPS, Conventional Traverse, and Level data for a Best-fit solution of all known field work
Hirani offers a variety of conventional survey capabilities: Hirani has four (4) Field Crews operating at all times. Each of Hirani’s field crews consists of a Party Chief, and an Instrument Man with a vehicle and full set of equipment according to New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) Land Surveying standards. Hirani’s surveying equipment includes:
- 2 Nikon NP1 352 and 1- Nikon NP1 362 Reflectorless Total Stations for jobs that require measurements in hard-to-reach areas that a prism cannot be placed.
- 4- Nikon 550 Total Stations with 3” (second) Horizontal angular precision and two Nikon 450 Total Stations with 5” (second) Horizontal angular precision
- 8- Data Collectors: 3- Rangers, 1-Recon, 4 HP48’s, all equipped with the TDS Survey Pro Programming for in-the-field calculations and reductions making each crew able to QA/QC their own work and conduct unanticipated Construction lay-out on-site. This enables them to save time and money for Hirani and everyone Hirani does business with by catching mistakes before their built and correcting them in time.
- 1-Leica NA 3000 and 1 Leica NA 3003 Digital Levels for Differential Level Runs to conform with NYSDOT Land Survey Primary and Secondary Vertical Project Control.
We are totally committed to providing our clients with outstanding performance relative to Surveying Services. We have completed numerous on-call contracts throughout New York State and the New York Metropolitan area, on projects relating to numerous facilities, including roads, recreational parks, beach facilities and office facilities. Hirani has the ability to perform on-call or call-in services required under a contract which may include:
- Property Line Surveys
- Topographic Surveys
- Construction layout
- Roadway drainage and ponding problems
- Preparation of various scale maps and charts
- Develop and/or update mooring grids
- Develop and/or update underwater lease maps
- Provide surveys to show jurisdictional boundaries
- Provide necessary surveys for coastal erosion studies
- Provide surveys for dredging and reclamation projects.
Hirani has provided surveying services and/or held surveying contracts with the following agencies, organizations, towns and municipalities:
- New York School Construction Authority (NYSCA, NY SCA)
- City University of New York
- Columbia University
- The General Services Administration (GSA)
- Hugh L. Carey Battery Park City Authority (BPCA)
- Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) Bridges and Tunnels (MT B&T), formerly Triborough Bridge Authority (TBTA)
- Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) New York City Transit (NYCT)
- Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)
- New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- New York City Department of Design and Construction (NYC DDC, NYCDDC)
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYC DEP, NYCDEP)
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA)
- New York City Department of Parks and Recreation
- New York City Department of Transportation
- New York City Department of Housing, Preservation, and Development
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC, NYSDEC)
- New York State Department of Transportation Region 10
- New York State Department of Transportation Region 11
- New York State Dormitory Authority (DASNY)
- New York State Office of General Services (NYS OGS, NYSOGS)
- Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- Nassau County Department of Public Works (NC DPW, NCDPW)
- Suffolk County Department of Public Works (SC DPW, SCDPW)
- Town of Hempstead (TOH) Department of Public Works
- Town of Oyster Bay(TBOAY) Department of Public Works